Red Line construction will result in a 150-foot stretch of Virginia Avenue being closed immediately north of Woodlawn Avenue, in the heart of Fountain Square, beginning on or after Monday, March 18.
IndyGo officials said the closure will last about one week, as
contractors pour station foundations and reinforce bus pads. The
Indianapolis Cultural Trail, sidewalks, and business drives will remain open
for business access.
For more information about IndyGo projects and the Red Line, visit www.IndyGoRed.com or call 317-635-3344.
In other Red Line construction news:
- Construction between 50th street and 38th Street on College Ave. will start on or after March 11.
- Parking continues to be restricted within construction areas but otherwise available to use. Parking restrictions will be put into place between 38th and 50th Streets on or after March 18. Please adhere to no parking signage where posted.
- Stations will be under construction at the intersection of 66th Street, Broad Ripple Avenue, and 52nd Street in the next three weeks. Drivers should expect traffic shifts around the station construction areas at Broad Ripple Ave and 52nd St.
- Construction work will move to the east side of Meridian Street on or after March 11. Drivers will be shifted to the west side of Meridian through the construction area.
- Pavement patching will be occurring at locations along Meridian Street beginning March 18.
- Pavement patching will be occurring at locations along Shelby Street.
- Pavement patching and paving will be occurring at locations along Virginia Ave. beginning on or after March 11. Drivers should expect traffic shifts around work areas and possible temporary lane restrictions.
- A short section of Virginia Avenue will be closed for approximately one week beginning on or after March 15 just south of New Jersey St. Access to all businesses, residences, and other properties will always be maintained.
More information and a list of FAQ’s about the acceleration is posted on the IndyGo website: https://www.indygored.com/acceleration/