In light of continuing health concerns, the 2020 Indy Pride Festival is going virtual, beginning with a launch party from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 7.
The online event will include a special interview with host Tanner Alexander of the Indy Pride Board of Director, along with Indy Pride Executive Director Chris Handberg. They will outline the events and activities planned for Pride Month 2020.
Participants will then learn how to make a signature pride cocktail from a local bartender and dance it out at an online dance party with a local DJ.
Indy Pride officials are encouraging people to grab some snacks and make a drink right in the comfort of their own home and be sure to stick around and enjoy the Drag History: A Virtual “Fireside Chat” event happening immediately after the launch party.
Schedule of Events
- 6:30 to 6:45 p.m. – Pride season updates.
- 6:45 to 7 p.m. – Signature cocktail demo
- 7 to 7:30 p.m. – Let’s party.
This program will be streamed live on both Facebook as well as YouTube. For tickets and more information, to go https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indy-pride-launch-party-2020-presented-by-titos-handmade-vodka-tickets-92428122001.
Other June online events include:
- Drag History: A Virtual “Fireside Chat” – 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 7.
- Pet Pride Photo Contest – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 13.
- Indy Pride Virtual Celebration – 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday, June 20. Details to be announced soon.
- The Drag Queens of Indiana Avenue, 1933-1970 – 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 23.
For more information and to link to tickets, go to https://indypride.org/events/.