IndyGo officials have released the latest construction update for the Red Line. All projections are subject to change. For more project details and a live construction map, visit https://www.indygored.com/Construction. As of Aug. 20, the report indicates the following restrictions:
- Meridian Street from 18th Street to 38th Street – Roadway and sidewalk improvements, through December. Expect traffic pattern adjustments and turn restrictions. (Additional detail below).
- Shelby Street from Hanna Avenue to Prospect Street – Advance construction signs and traffic pattern adjustments are in place.
- Shelby St. from Troy Ave. to Raymond St. – Roadway and sidewalk improvements through Friday, Aug. 31.
- On Meridian Street: Construction will reduce vehicle travel to one lane in each direction.
The travel lane restrictions also reduce parking and left turns in some portions of the construction area. The construction is estimated to December, weather permitting. The work includes storm water improvements, road resurfacing, sidewalk and curb repairs as well as ADA ramps. Crews are currently focusing on the west side of Meridian Street. After that work is completed, construction crews will work on the east side of the construction area.
There are eight locations at which left turns are restricted:
* Northbound at 21st Street
* Southbound at 22nd Street
* Northbound at 30th Street
* Northbound and southbound at 32nd Street
* Northbound and southbound at 34th Street
* Northbound at 38th Street
* Eastbound at 38th Street