The Mass Ave Merchants Association and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department are teaming up for not one – but seven – National Night Out events on Tuesday, Aug. 6.
The annual event to promote relationships between police and the community will take place from:
- 3 to 4 p.m. at Coat Check Coffee (co-hosted by Global Gifts).
- 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. at Penrose on Mass (clubhouse on second floor; co-hosted by Century 21 Sheetz, Eat the Frog Fitness and Old National Bank).
- 5 to 6 p.m. at Krueger’s Tavern.
- 5 to 6 p.m. at The Burnside Inn.
- 5 to 6 p.m. at Rooster’s Kitchen.
- 5 to 6 p.m. at Kingmakers Game Parlour.
- 6 to 7 p.m. at Needler’s Fresh Market, with barbecue.
Snacks and beverages will be available at most of the locations. National Night Out, a nationwide event which has long been celebrated by several Urban Times neighborhoods, began as a crime-fighting tool but has evolved into a community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships.