Beginning on Monday, March 16, people can have their questions answered and receive assistance in filling out 2020 Census forms at most Indianapolis Public Library locations. These free help sessions staffed by representatives from Count Me INdy and the U.S. Census Bureau will show people how to fill out census forms online.
IndyPL census help sessions – part of Count Me INdy Days – will be held across the county, including at these branches in or near the Urban Times zone:
- Monday, March 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the College Avenue Branch.
- Wednesday, March 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Brightwood Branch.
- Wednesday, March 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Fountain Square Branch.
- Saturday, March 28 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Spades Park Branch.
- Monday, March 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the E. Washington Branch.
- Tuesday, March 31 from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at the Haughville Branch.
- Wednesday, April 15 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Central Library.
This year’s census count will be used to distribute more than $675 billion annually to all levels of government and communities across the nation.
“We hope the Count Me INdy days at libraries throughout Marion County will provide a low-stress, equitable opportunity for residents of historically undercounted communities to come in and fill out their census forms,” said Miriam Acevedo Davis, co-chair of Count Me INdy’s Complete Count Committee. “Not all have access to the Internet, so these opportunities enable them to self-respond and avoid a census worker knocking on their door.”
Tony Mason, co-chair of Count Me INdy’s Complete Count Campaign, added, “Count Me INdy is dedicated to promoting the census to all residents and ensuring they know that – whoever they are and wherever they are from – they count in the 2020 Census,”. “We believe this partnership with the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library will help us interact with traditionally undercounted populations, and overcome barriers to filling out the census.”
In addition to the free sessions, the Indy Library will provide free access to computers and the Internet throughout March and April for those who wish to visit on their own to complete the online census form.
For more information on Count Me INdy and Count Me INdy Days at IndyPL, visit countmeindy.com or indypl.com.