The Harrison Center will continue in pandemic mode for its First Friday, April 2, opening. The virtual event will spotlight several artists, headed by Shamira Wilson with Collective Breathing in the Harrison Gallery.
The exhibit will explore soil health as a metaphor for community health. This show features mixed media artwork consisting of gouache on rust oxidation printed fabric and paper.
Other Harrison Center virtual openings include:
- Priya Wittman, debuting Generations in the Gallery Annex.
- Benny Sanders presents Greatriarchs by Benny in the City Gallery. These new oil paintings of the Greatriarchs give a fresh perspective on these long- term residents of the Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood.
- Sophia Fisher will present In the Corner, Taking Up Space in Hank and Dolly Gallery.
- Grind Culture, a group show curated by Macy Lethco in the City Gallery,with the theme of women in skateboarding.
- Our Shot, a group show in the Underground Gallery featuring local artists celebrating our shared love of basketball.
All shows will open virtually at HarrisonCenter.org/buy-art. All shows are open for in-person, socially distanced visitors Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., beginning April 2. Make an appointment online at harrisoncenter.org/buy-art.
ARTWORK ABOVE: Breathwork by Shamira Wilson will be part of the virtual First Friday at the Harrison Center.